The install was easy- but a couple of bits did catch me out- the code sample above was the example they give you in the install page. So I blindly copied over this code to the head of my blog, and copied all the files from the zip file over to my sites js and css folders. I found that html highlighting worked fine and so did c# but vb and sql weren’t happening… It eventually clicked that you need to add the references to the additional syntax types you need as the example only has a line for the CS and XML/HTML “brush” libraries. So I popped those lines in and it worked fine.
The other problem that I had, and indeed still have until I get home to actually edit the code, is compatibility with TinyMCE which is the editor used by default in BlogEngine. I found a couple of articles which might help with this but won’t know till tonight;
- TinyMCE Code highlighter Plugin to work with Google Syntaxt Highlighter
- TinyMCE configuration settings to help everything get along a little better
As mentioned on the Wiki pages there is also the issue that adding a name value to a pre tag, isn’t valid xhtml.